How long does Tofu keep for?
Fresh bulk Tofu, the kind you buy packed in sealed bags with some water like our Tofu blocks, should be consumed within two or three days of purchase. Keep it covered in fresh water in your refrigerator.
Bean Supreme vacuum packed Tofu will keep refrigerated while still sealed up to the expiry date on the packet - a twelve week shelf life. This Tofu is pasteurised inside its packet which dramatically extends its shelf life. Once you have opened the pack carefully place any unused Tofu in a shallow container and cover with water. The Tofu should last another four or five days if you change the water daily; though this may vary dependent on the performance of your refrigerator.
- Is Tofu tasteless?
- Will boys swap their trousers for tutus?
- Only milk is good for bones
- Soy is an 'allergy' food?
- All soy is genetically modified
- How much protein does Tofu offer?
- How long does Tofu keep for?
- Tofu for a better mood
- Yet another unfounded scare story about cancer
- Vegetarian Definition